Monday, March 28, 2011

Hello World (because that's how I roll: with originality)

Yes, this is a blog.

No, I have no idea what I'm doing with it.

Good, I'm glad I got that out of the way.

Basically, starting a blog is something that I've been saying I should do for a while now. I have various thoughts and ideas that I feel are best inflicted on a wider audience than I am typically able to reach on a day to day basis.

I haven't had a blog or a journal or anything in years, and I've found it's kind of hard to tell whether an idea is good when it's just rattling around in your head. It certainly doesn't help that my attention span is short enough that I'm not really thinking about these Great Ideas the next time I'm talking to someone who might be interested. Usually I've forgotten them by the time my fiancee's done asking what I'm thinking about. Hopefully, having something like this will encourage me to hold on to these ideas and develop them into something.


So, we'll see what we've got. In all likelihood, I'll post here for a while, peter off, and then leave this entirely in the dust. But, until that happens, you can come here to see what the inside of my brain is like.

Seriously, though, I've already been playing with ideas for posts in my head, so I think I have an idea about what is going to be going here at least at first:
  •  My Life: I don't want to have a blog about what I'm eating for breakfast, but I've started changing some things in my life this year and I'm trying to do things differently. Hopefully, blogging about it will help me to keep to the things I'm starting.
  • Gaming: specifically, tabletop role-playing. I've been playing and running games since college (and a little bit before too, but that's a long story), and I have (as most geeks do) ideas about The Right Way To Do It.
  • Theatre and other art: I've been involved in theatre for years and have an appreciation for other art forms (movies, books, painting, video games, etc). While I don't think I'm going to get in the habit of reviewing things, I may post about more general trends and ideas.
  • Society: A wise man once said, "Society sucks. I don't even consider myself a part of society." While I don't have the fortitude to live outside of society, I can and will stand on a soapbox and add my blatherings on what's wrong and right.
Of course, this could all go out the window when some shiny thing distracts me, but for now, we'll see how this goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment