Monday, March 28, 2011

Readme: Me

So, for those (as yet hypothetical) folks who have found this blog who don't know who I am, here's a little information:

First, my name isn't actually Bobby Archer. It's a pseudonym I've been using online for a while. The story behind it isn't terribly long, but it's kind of an inside joke and I don't think it'd be all that interesting to someone outside it. In any case, I like the state of near-anonymity that the internet allows and I prefer using a pen name (keyboard name? blogonym?) when going around the internet. I might go into more detail about the whys and wherefores of that, but for now I'll leave it at that.


Anyway, I live in Chicago, and work (when I can get work) as a theatrical lighting technician and designer. That sounds much more impressive than it feels most of the time. Particularly in this economy. In the last two years, I've supplemented my income in other ways, including working as a fitting room attendant at Target and going door to door as part of the 2010 Census. Recently, I've started looking for full time work somewhere in Chicago's theatre or cultural (museums and such) landscape. So far, this landscape has resisted the siren song of my very eclectic resume.

In my free time, I enjoy all manner of geeky pursuits. I enjoy movies both good and bad, I play video games when I have the money, internet flash games when I don't, and tabletop role-playing games when I can actually make my schedule sync up with 3-5 other geeks. I go to the theatre as much as I can (which isn't often enough) and go to the In One Ear open mic a few times a month. I've recently become interested in photography and hopefully will be able to get a decent camera sometime in the not-too-distant future.

This year, I'll be entering into what is unequivocally my late 20s, and next year, I'll be marrying the love of my life. Time doesn't seem willing to stop to let me figure out what the heck I'm doing, so I've got to start bashing my head against the wall until I figure out what works.

What fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment